For Cowi: Ranting and raving more :)
Today...hmmm
Today I thought to myself, I would be perfectly content with going back home sooner rather than later. Sooner = 1.5 years from now. I love being at home. My sister says that I haven't experienced working life at home which might make me change my mind...BUT I love being home.
Anyway, yesterday I did some career hunting...again. I decided to go back and explore this preventive medicine residency program thing...this is where I would do one internship year (something I HAVE to do to get to where I want to be) and then do more work and research with public agencies (better). So checked out the University of Maryland. Nope, they don't accept non US citizens. Apparently this appears to be the hallmark of preventive medicine residency programs. You're either American or have money or something because they won't sponsor visas. Great. More reason to go home. Then there is Toronto but I'm scared...scared of being lonely.
And would I REALLY do an ENTIRE residency for the sake of getting a visa? Nope. Not really. Not my thing. Officially decided. So...creating my options...
Want something along the lines of a professional development program where I can grow doing some element of interesting/exciting research that can ACTUALLY be implemented...not some pie in the sky theories (not to offend anyone)...and I need a place to do it...the question is WHERE?
Here? Home? (I could apply for research grants at home by the way)...
Oh and I think I'm going to make a trip to Cleveland...for the people :) That was just a side comment.
I am determined to be who I really am on the inside...it's coming...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home